Notice is hereby given that the City Council of Staples, Texas will meet at 7:00 pm on the 18th day of December, 2018 at the Staples Event Center (formerly First Baptist Church) Staples, Texas to consider the following agenda items:
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge to the U.S. flag
3. Silent Prayer
4. Citizens’ address to Council
5. Approval of Minutes
6. Financial Reports
7. Open the meeting for public questions and comments
8. Presentation by Mr. Saucedo concerning the Staples Center.
9. Presentation by Scott Robinson, Assistant Chief of YCVFD and possibly Andrew Munk, Chief of YCVFD concerning Staples Center and the Fire Department building.
10. Debriefing of Christmas in the Park by Anna Torres and suggestions for next year.
11. Short briefing of TML activities.
A. Announcements from the council and staff
B. Announcements from the citizens
13. Motion to adjourn
The Council may go into closed session at any time when permitted by Chapters 418 or 551, Texas Government Code, or Section 321.3022 of the Texas Tax Code. Before going into closed session a quorum of the Council must be assembled in the meeting room, the meeting must be convened as an open meeting pursuant to proper notice, and the presiding officer announce that a closed session will be held and must identify the sections of Chapter 551 or 418, Texas Government Code, or Section 321.3022 of the Texas Tax Code authorizing the closed session.
I, the undersigned, City Secretary of Staples, Texas, hereby certify that the above Notice is a true and correct copy. I posted said Notice on the front door of the Staples Civic Center and in the lobby of the Staples Post Office. Said places are readily accessible to the general public at all times. Notice shall remain posted continuously for at least 72 hours pre-ceding the scheduled time of the meeting.
will be at the City Park, starting at 5:00 pm.
6:00 pm at the Staples Event Center (the old Staples Baptist Church) to celebrate being incorporated for 10 years.
The City Council of Staples, Texas will meet at 7:00 pm on the 18th day of December, 2018 at the Staples Event Center...